Commitment: 10-15 hours per week
Positions Available: 1
Academic Level: Mature undergraduate, recent graduate, or graduate student
Description: Under the guidance of Rubin Museum Exhibition Designer, the Exhibition Design Intern will perform design related drawing and inventory using Vector Works 2012 software and Micro Soft Excel. The candidate should be well-organized, with good attention to detail, knowledge of working with images. Candidate will be asked to submit portfolio of rendered 3D drawings
Essential Skills Required: Vector Works 2012 3D drawing and Micro Soft Excel and Word.
Rubin Museum of Art Overview:
Rubin Museum of Art is home to a comprehensive collection of art from the Himalayas and surrounding regions. Through changing exhibitions and an array of engaging public programs, the Rubin Museum offers opportunities to explore the artistic legacy of the Himalayan region and to appreciate its place in the context of world cultures. For more information, please visit: www.rmanyc.org
Interns in all museum departments are invited to participate in several group activities per semester:
• Brown-bag lunches: staff guests discuss their jobs as well as their educational, professional, and artistic backgrounds allowing interns to learn about various museum departments and careers.
• Private tours of NYC cultural organizations: these trips are designed to expose interns to the broader New York City arts world, as well as the field of Himalayan studies. Past tours have included: Asia Society, ICP, Latse Contemporary Tibetan Cultural Library, and CUE Art Foundation.
All internships are unpaid. Academic requirements may be fulfilled by arrangement with the individual college or university. Rubin Museum interns receive the following benefits:
• Free admission at museums across the country
• 25% discount on most items at Serai, the Rubin Museum’s shop and café
• Free admission to Rubin Museum programs when/if available
• Invitation to an annual appreciation event
How to apply:
Applicants are encouraged to apply for up to three internships (descriptions follow). Please write a one-page cover letter which specifies (1) which internships you are applying for, (2) your relevant qualifications, (3) your interest in the Rubin Museum of Art, and (4) your availability (days/times).
Please email your resume and cover letter to:
Coordinator, Internship Program
Rubin Museum of Art